You’ve decided to try out veganism, but don’t know where to start?
This page will guide you through the process and make it painless and cruelty-free!
Being a vegan is more accessible today than ever before.
even has store brand versions of many items.
Farmers markets and all natural food stores are gaining popularity.
Vegan restaurants are popping up all over town while others are adding vegan friendly menu items to their menus.
It’s easier than ever to make the switch to a vegan diet and you can do it too.
Ease into the vegan lifestyle or dive in head first – just get started with the links below.
- Meatless Mondays, a global movement to reduce meat consumption, produces a guide on how to go vegan one day a week. This is a great place to start if you’re unsure!
- The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine advocates a vegan diet and has the tools to help make the switch. A 21-day meal plan, online forum, and nutritionist webcast are just a few of the resources offered. Start by filling out the PCRM’s guide and have a customized meal plan made for you!
- Peta.org offers a vegan starter kit that explains all the nutritional information needed to start a healthy new diet. Learn new recipes, try new products, and discover vegan friendly restaurants.
- The New York Times offers advice on how to ease into a vegan diet, with product descriptions and links to other news articles.
- Vegan Kit has all the information a new vegan could ask for. From nutritional information and product reviews, to restaurants and cookbook reviews.
- The Vegan Society is a great resource for those thinking of becoming vegan. Tips and tricks for new vegans plus resources for long time vegans.
- Vegan Outreach has an extensive list of meat, dairy, and egg replacements.
YouTube is a great source for recipes and humor!
We do a vegan cooking show that is set in the zombie apocalypse. Along with loyal K9 sidekick, Indy, we fight off zombies and make delicious food. We might even give you tips and tricks on how to stay safe from zombies…
The Vegan Black Metal Chef is a vegan cooking show like no other.
The Vegan Black Metal Chef cooking show guides you through a variety of easy Asian, Indian, North American, South American, Italian, Middle Eastern, kosher and other global vegan meals.
Packed with humor, music, and visual effects… This is the most fun way to learn vegan vegetarian cooking ever.
- Make it Vegan – Hosted by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, one of the most popular vegan chefs, this channel is a great source for recipes and techniques on vegan cooking:
“Make it Vegan” features vegan chef and cookbook author Isa Chandra Moskowitz and her latest all-vegan recipes such as New England Glam Chowder, Bistro Beet Burgers, Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream, and more.
In addition, the series’ theme song “Salt” is sung by Kelley Deal from The Breeders, in her new band R. Ring.
The host, ISA CHANDRA MOSKOWITZ, has authored seven cookbooks that have sold a combined million copies, and her forthcoming and extremely comprehensive cookbook, Isa Does It—Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Recipes for Every Day of the Week, is positioned to help the world of vegan cuisine take a great leap forward.
Isa discovered that unlike most vegan chefs, she didn’t need to rely on fake meat products to make her meat- and dairy-free food palatable, but instead uses fresh ingredients and simple yet effective techniques to create explosive flavors in a fun and educational setting.
Thank you for choosing veganism!