If you don’t qualify for assistance from Tommy’s Holiday Fund, please don’t give up.
Help is out there. Try these strategies for reduced cost vet care:
- Be upfront with your veterinarian about your financial situation.
- Ask about payments over time or minimal treatment plans.
- Ask for sample medications.
- Fill your pet’s prescription online for a reduced price
- If you qualify, ask for a senior or military discount.
- Contact a local veterinarian school for a possible discount.
- Check our resources page for other nonprofits that may be able to offer assistance.
- Ask your church or local community group for help.
- Hold a fundraiser for your pet like a bake sale, or try crowdfunding online.
- Care Credit is a credit card for healthcare that covers you and your pets.
Need to find a new home for your pet?
- The ASPCA lists many other options for pet owners who are facing separation from their companion.